1. Obtain S60 smartphone. I'm quite fond of my Nokia E51
2. Install Python for series 60 on your phone.
3. On a nearby OS X Leopard notebook, setup a new bluetooth serial port, type RS232. ( System preferences -> Bluetooth -> Advanced ). Call it something like 'Bluetooth-console'. Ensure the Mac is paired with the phone.
4. In a terminal, run '
5. Set your Mac's bluetooth to 'discoverable'
6. Launch the Python application you've just installed on your phone. Select Options -> Bluetooth Console -> Other. Choose your Mac, and then select the Bluetooth-console serial port as the device.
7. Meanwhile, back on the Mac: a python shell will start in your screen session after a small delay.
8. In the python session, "
9. In the python session, "
audio.say('I never realised my phone had a built-in speech synthesizer')"
10. Fall over in astonishment.