- Locate crickets by listening carefully to the sounds of chirping
- Use a nearby internet terminal to research what they most like to eat. (Iceberg Lettuce !?)
- Construct a cunning trap around fresh bait
- Wait for crickets, carefully and very quietly
Trap designs that were tried, and rejected.
- A basket propped up by a bent twig, connected to twine for rapid deployment.
- An impromptu fishing-rod, baited with carrot peelings, dangled temptingly over a basket.
- A pit trap, concealed by woven grass and twigs.